Team Zone - Gaming Community
Welcome to Team Zone Gaming Community! Make sure you respect the rules!

In order to see all sections you must register.
Welcome to Team Zone Gaming Community! Make sure you respect the rules!

In order to see all sections you must register.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Team Zone forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Data base

Runescape

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Actique
Warrior
Warrior
Actique

Runescape Empty
PostSubject: Runescape   Runescape I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 8:57 am

I know many of you are farmers deep down in your hearts. Runescape is the ultimate farming challenge. This game requires at minimum 25,000 hours of gameplay in order to get a max leveled character. It has also many other cool game mechanics like functioning global market (works like real life!) and quests with a real plot unlike L2 quests.

The character has 27 abilities to train from level 1 to level 99. Abilities such as mining or fishing. The game has been around for 10 years and has improved a lot. It's always handy where you can connect internet as it is java based. The game offers both free to play and pay to play options from which later has many improvements. P2P and F2P combine a stunning 350,000 players online during peak hours from which less than 10% are bots and bots are frequently banned. All players have a globally connected market through the grand exchange.

The community is polarized. It consists of players from 8 to 12 as well as players that are older than 30 years old. It's a game that never gets wiped, for example, my character is 6 or 7 years old. It's a laid back game because it's not about being a factor but rather about winning the goals you set for yourself. There are of course, raids and pvp combat for those who aren't so laid back.

This is my latest achievement, cooking level 99. It's the easiest one to get 99 and this was around 100 hours of pure cooking. That was from my mothers PC with about the lowest graphics on.

Runescape Rs003

This is an older one but gives a better impression of the graphics.

Runescape RS

Back to top Go down
SplichO
Leader
SplichO

Runescape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runescape   Runescape I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:20 am

I would say what ever makes you happy Smile, anyway no offence but Runescape is good compared to Old games (games that launched 10 years ago) but after L2 came out MMORPG revolution was born. After L2 came out you had so many MMORPG after that and each one was trying to be better then previous one. One thing is for sure Graphics standards are made and almost no1 who played new games would take Runescape as serious chalenge Smile
Back to top Go down
https://teamzone.forumotion.com
Actique
Warrior
Warrior
Actique

Runescape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runescape   Runescape I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:51 am

SplichO wrote:
I would say what ever makes you happy Smile, anyway no offence but Runescape is good compared to Old games (games that launched 10 years ago) but after L2 came out MMORPG revolution was born. After L2 came out you had so many MMORPG after that and each one was trying to be better then previous one. One thing is for sure Graphics standards are made and almost no1 who played new games would take Runescape as serious chalenge Smile

Java games are a completely different series when it comes to graphics. And for example, runescape graphics are much better than those of world of warcraft. It's improved a lot and most importantly this game isn't about graphics. It's about realistic market (nothing like in any other MMORPG) and awesome quests (nothing like "Kill 100 mobs"). . As for challenge I mean... It's a true farming challenge. No average L2 player could get a single skill 99 in this game as it requires enormous amounts of time and patience.

Runescape is surely one game that will never die out. It's a true internet meme. It's got a world that is way larger than L2, WoW and TERA combined. And yes, it is about farming for the sake of farming. Unlike L2 that is about farming for the sake of winning another soon to be forgotten server. What is awesome is that your characters here are basically eternal. No database wipes, no corruption, no 3rd party software!

Back to top Go down
SplichO
Leader
SplichO

Runescape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runescape   Runescape I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:08 am

Dani i got an advice Change your dealer ! What a Face Cmon you really hate L2 this much when it comes to "wipe" Smile
Back to top Go down
Actique
Warrior
Warrior
Actique

Runescape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runescape   Runescape I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:12 am

SplichO wrote:
Dani i got an advice Change your dealer ! What a Face Cmon you really hate L2 this much when it comes to "wipe" Smile

I'd love L2 if I had played retail all the time and I had my character there after 5 years. I played mostly privates, I failed. Runescape is, for me, more of an advanced chat than a game I play seriously. I don't want to play seriously because others won't play seriously enough when I do. :d
Back to top Go down
Actique
Warrior
Warrior
Actique

Runescape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runescape   Runescape I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 1:27 am

Seriously nobody on this forum ever played RS? I can't believe it! This was the first MMORPG ever for me!
Back to top Go down
SplichO
Leader
SplichO

Runescape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runescape   Runescape I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 1:39 am

Cose it is old game and compared to new games is stupid, game suppose to be funny not "another life", and you described me that you are "having another life" inside of that game almost as SIMS or what ever was name of the game.

When you talk about surprises i am surprised that there is no expansion for Warcraft3 except WOW which is totally 2 different games that uses same story.
Back to top Go down
Actique
Warrior
Warrior
Actique

Runescape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runescape   Runescape I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 2:26 am

No. I said it's more of an advanced chat. Meaning that there's real communication between players.

What I can't understand is you constantly claim that L2 has something special about farming. It does not. L2 farming is very, very monotonic like in every MMORPG I've encountered so far. People play MMORPGs because the love farming. There's nothing in L2 that is considerably better than in RS except for graphics (and graphics come with great loss with smoothness). To say one game is better than another is to have a complete misunderstanding of the possibility of different priorities when it comes to gaming. To make this point clear, I'll give you a list of attributes for L2 and RS.

Lineage2 (private servers):
+Good graphics
+Fierce PvP combat, based on revenge
+Massive epics
+Competition with other players

-Very short solo-gameplay
-Requires minimum 10 hours of playtime a day for long gameplay
-3rd party programs determine winners in PvP
-Servers die out fast, you never keep your character

Runescape:
+Smoothly runs on every PC
+Good economy and quests
+Long gameplay, even solo
+Characters are eternal
+/- Slow gameplay, less fierce PvP
+No 3rd party software

-Old game
-Old graphics
-Some people find that farming is very monotonic
Back to top Go down
SplichO
Leader
SplichO

Runescape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runescape   Runescape I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 3:53 am

Actique wrote:
No. I said it's more of an advanced chat. Meaning that there's real communication between players.

What I can't understand is you constantly claim that L2 has something special about farming. It does not. L2 farming is very, very monotonic like in every MMORPG I've encountered so far. People play MMORPGs because the love farming. There's nothing in L2 that is considerably better than in RS except for graphics (and graphics come with great loss with smoothness). To say one game is better than another is to have a complete misunderstanding of the possibility of different priorities when it comes to gaming. To make this point clear, I'll give you a list of attributes for L2 and RS.

Lineage2 (private servers):
+Good graphics
+Fierce PvP combat, based on revenge
+Massive epics
+Competition with other players

-Very short solo-gameplay
-Requires minimum 10 hours of playtime a day for long gameplay
-3rd party programs determine winners in PvP
-Servers die out fast, you never keep your character

Runescape:
+Smoothly runs on every PC
+Good economy and quests
+Long gameplay, even solo
+Characters are eternal
+/- Slow gameplay, less fierce PvP
+No 3rd party software

-Old game
-Old graphics
-Some people find that farming is very monotonic

Runescape is way to boring game and is to much "passive", you can't compare it to L2 on any way. There is no game which is eternal and people are always up for new adventures and that is the whole point when new server open, like who will get Clan halls, 1 st Epics, Castles, Heroes, you can't really compare adrenaline that you can have in pvp at games such as L2 to passive games such as runescape.
Back to top Go down
Actique
Warrior
Warrior
Actique

Runescape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runescape   Runescape I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 6:15 am

SplichO wrote:
you can't really compare adrenaline that you can have in pvp at games such as L2 to passive games such as runescape.

You can get an incredibly powerful adrenaline rush even during a fierce time based game of chess. Wink Whatever is that we are fighting here for is a matter of opinion anyway thus it's pointless.

The point of this topic was to find fellow TeamZone players who played Runescape before to join me on this little delightful chatting and clicking game. At least if they find they can't find the time that "being on the top" in L2 requires.
Back to top Go down
SplichO
Leader
SplichO

Runescape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runescape   Runescape I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 1:22 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Runescape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runescape   Runescape I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down